Lard Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup lard, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups flour
12 oz. chocolate chips
1. Cream together lard, sugar and brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs and vanilla, mixing until combined.
3. Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed.
5. Chill the dough for at least an hour, but up to a couple of days.
6. Preheat oven to 375°F.
7. Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop dough onto the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
8. Cool on the cookie sheet for three or four minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.