Apple-Raisin Baked Hand Pies
Yield: Approximately 1/2 dozen hand pies
Ingredients:(For the pie dough)
- 1 ½ Cups Flour, AP
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Lard, chilled
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 2 tsp Vinegar, distilled
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 3 ea Apples, medium, peeled, small dice (use a combination of tart and sweet apples)
- 2/3 Cup Sugar, granulated
- ½ Cup Raisins
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Using a pastry cutter, mix lard and sour cream into flour mixture until it resembles coarse corn meal.
- Add vinegar and water and mix until pie dough just comes together. Do not over mix. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and rest in the refrigerator.
- While pie dough is resting, make the apple-raisin filling. In a medium bowl, mix apples, sugar, raisins and cinnamon together.
- Roll pie dough into a 6-inch diameter circle. Add 2 rounded tablespoons of filling just off center and fold top of pastry over bottom, sealing the edges with a fork.
- Bake on a lined cookie sheet for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Share this recipe