2022 Coast Packing Co. 6th Annual #LardLovers Recipe Contest – Centennial Edition
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who sign up at [http://www.coastpacking.com/lardlovers/] and who are [21 years of age or older]as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of [the United States of America], and is void where prohibited by law. Employees, officers and directors of [Coast Packing Co.], its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether related or not) of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of [Coast Packing Co.] as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on [Monday, November 14, 2022 at 12:00:01 am Pacific Standard Time] and ending[Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 11:59:59 pm Pacific Standard Time]. Coast Packing Co. is the official time-keeper for the Contest.
- How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at [http://www.coastpacking.com/lardlovers/]. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of [Coast Packing Co]. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of [Coast Packing Co]. In the event an insufficient number of entries are received, Coast Packing Co. reserves the right to cancel the Contest and shall be under no obligation to award the prizes.
- All entrants in this Contest agree to the Recipe Submission Disclaimer. To enter the Contest, the entrant must submit a recipe using the Contest online submission form at http://www.coastpacking.com/lardlovers/]. A limit of one recipe per category per person will be strictly enforced. Recipes must contain lard. Entry must: (1) include recipe name and the number of servings that the recipe yields, (2) use ingredients available in most grocery stores; (3) list ingredients with measurements; (4) include step-by-step preparation and cooking directions; (5) include entrant’s name, complete address with zip code, telephone number with area code and e-mail address; and, (6) a high-resolution original photograph of each recipe submitted. Special Edition ‘Share the Flavor’ Essay: For 2022, entries must include an essay of 100 words or less on the following: “What do animal fats mean to you: a rich tradition, a fond memory, or a sweet recipe?” However, you define your flavorful moment, we want to hear from you. Share your sweet story, family recipe, or treasured memory cooking with lard.
- Entries will be judged separately, in accordance with the judging criteria, as defined below. Coast Corporate Chef Greg Hozinsky will serve as Contest judge. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. Entries must be made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, internet domain owner, or other person or organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
SELECTION OF FINALISTS AND WINNERS
Each recipe submitted must be approved by Coast Corporate Chef Greg Hozinsky. Recipes may be approved or rejected based on suitability (for example, must comply with rules) for the Contest at the discretion of Coast Packing Co. Only those recipes approved will be deemed eligible to win the Contest. Coast Packing Co. reserves the right to reject any entries that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate, for any reason whatsoever. The judging period will begin on November 14, 2022 and conclude on December 31, 2022. Winners must agree to have their name and photo included in Coast’s news release announcing contest winners.
Coast Corporate Chef Greg Hozinsky will determine the finalists in the Sweet or Savory categories, based on the following criteria: creativity, visual appeal and ease of execution (how easy is this recipe to make by the average home cook), and quality of the Special Edition “Share the Flavor’ essay. Recipes determined to be finalists will be prepared (cooked) by Chef Greg, who will identify first, second and third place winners. The decision of the judge is final.
Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will be drawn from the Sweet or Savory categories; prizes will be awarded for First, Second and Third Place:
- 1st Prize, Family Traditions Bundle (MSRP $425)
- 2nd Prize, Family Dinners Bundle ($380)
- 3rd Prize, Heirloom Recipes Bundle ($145)
The total approximate retail value of all prizes combined is $950. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by [Coast Packing Co]. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at [Coast Packing Co.’s] discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Prizes will only be delivered to United States addresses. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for [Coast Packing Co.] to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected in accordance with the judging criteria as described above under the supervision of[Coast Packing Co]. Winners must agree to have their name and photo included in Coast’s news release announcing contest winners. Winner will be notified by email@example.com within five (5) working days following selection of Winner. [Coast Packing Co.] shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within [10 working days] from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT [COAST PACKING CO.]‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that [Coast Packing Co.], anyone acting on behalf of [Coast Packing Co.], and [Coast Packing Co.]’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of [Coast Packing Co]. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless [Coast Packing Co.] from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which [Coast Packing Co.] may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
RECIPE SUBMISSION DISCLAIMER
All entrants in this Contest, agree to the Recipe Submission Disclaimer. By submitting your recipe(s), the contest participant irrevocably transfers, grants and assigns to Coast Packing Co. the right worldwide and in perpetuity, to use the name, recipe content, likeness, any images and photographs, including any reproductions of same, in any and all media, without limitation, for any advertising or promotional purposes, without additional compensation, and releases Coast Packing Co. from any liability with respect thereto.
- Terms & Conditions: [Coast Packing Co.] reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond [Coast Packing Co.]’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, [Coast Packing Co.] may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by [Coast Packing Co]. [Coast Packing Co.] reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. [Coast Packing Co.] has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, [Coast Packing Co.] reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless [Coast Packing Co.] and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF [THE UNITED STATES] AND [CALIFORNIA], WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in [California] having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: [Coast Packing Co.] [3275 East Vernon Ave.] [Vernon] [CA]  [USA]. Requests must be received no later than [Friday, January 6, 2023].
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is: [Coast Packing Co.] [3275 East Vernon Ave.] [Vernon] [CA]  [USA].
- Social Media: The Contest hosted by [Coast Packing Co.] is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and/or Instagram. Applicants are responsible for complying with all rules of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and/or Instagram.